Local authorities across Ireland have introduced new bye-laws that mean that householders will have to provide contractual proof that they have an authorised waste collection service or be able to provide documentary evidence on an alternative means of disposing their waste.
The ultimate goal of these bye-laws is to reduce the amount of illegal dumping that is happening up and down the country on a daily basis. They have also been introduced for a number of other reasons including:
- To help you manage your waste in an environmentally acceptable manner
- To ensure that your waste is only given to an authorised door-to-door waste collector or brought to an authorised waste facility e.g. civic amenity sites*
- To help ensure your waste is correctly segregated*
- By correctly managing your waste you will:
- Make a contribution to meeting the climate challenge
- Improve the quantity and quality of recyclable* material collected
- Reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and incineration
- Help conserve planet Earth’s finite resources
With BIGbin, your account history or in-store voucher is valid proof of an alternative waste system. This is yet another reason why BIGbin is the best alternative there is to a contractual bin collection.
Everybody generates waste but we don’t always do it at the same volume or at the same time. There are many reasons why people would need to use a pay-as-you system such as BIGbin, for example:
- If you live in a small family and do not generate enough rubbish each week to justify a contracted bin collection
- If you missed your bin collection
- if you are having an event and suddenly have more waste than you normally would
- If you are staying temporarily in an area
Not only does BIGbin have a host of BIG benefits, you are also guaranteed to be waste compliant.